"The Lord of Shadows is dead. What will his most trusted advisers do in this hour of darkness?" ― Brennan Lee Mulligan
It tells the tale of six advisors of the Lord of Shadows but after his abrupt death at the hands of the forces of light, it's up to them to figure out what is going on, what to do and how to forever conquer the forces of light.
Escape From the Bloodkeep is available to watch through CollegeHumor's streaming service Dropout and on Dimension 20's YouTube channel. An audio-only podcast of Escape From the Bloodkeep is also available through Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
- Efink Murderdeath, played by Amy Vorpahl
- Sokhbarr, played by Mike Trapp
- Kraz-Thun/Leiland, played by Matthew Mercer
- Lilith, played by Erika Ishii
- Maggie, played by Rekha Shankar
- Markus St. Vincent, played by Ify Nwadiwe
- Episode 1: Welcome to the Dark Side
- Episode 2: Volcano of Violence
- Episode 3: The Caged Elf and the Crown
- Episode 4: Airship Ambush
- Episode 5: Bloodlines and Lifelines
- Episode 6: The Tomb of Ultimate Evil
- The Siren
- Staff of Storms
- Griefmaker, the Runeblade of Twilight
- Fog of War
- Hammer of Flames
- Locket of Striding and Springing
- The season was filmed three episodes a day over the course of two days, February 16th and 17th, 2019.
- Despite being the second season, Escape from the Bloodkeep was actually filmed after season three, The Unsleeping City.
- Season 2 of Dimension 20 was originally going to be a space western.
- Escape from the Bloodkeep is the first side-quest of Dimension 20.
- The season is the first foray into high fantasy at Dimension 20. It directly parodies Lord of the Rings/Tolkien's work in many aspects, with the lore contributing to the creation of many common high fantasy themes, tropes and characters of the modern age. In fact, many characters have direct analogues to characters from The Lord of the Rings, and the premise of the story reads very similar to that of the ending of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- An editable Google doc created by solsys, with help from selzilla, documents references and easter-eggs from Escape from the Bloodkeep.
- Brennan Lee Mulligan's initial plan was for the PCs to have a PvP battle at the end.
- As with many D&D games, Brennan incorporates many homebrew mechanics and house rules that may not be part of the rules as written.
- Escape from the Bloodkeep: Behind the Scenes