Episode 17 of A Crown of Candy, proceed at your own risk.
Payment Day, the King's Sword, is the sword carried by King Amethar.
It is a magical greatsword that requires attunement to use.
- +2 to attack and damage rolls.
- Gives an extra 1d6 damage to someone who has attacked you in the same round.
- If you roll a Natural 20 against a creature who has killed a member of your family, they must make a DC 20 Constitution saving throw or be killed.
- The sword's name is a reference to the PayDay candy bar.
- King Amethar has tried to eat his sword before but always fails since the sword is inedible
- The final ability of Payment Day was only used once, during the final battle to kill Lord Calroy Cruller, who had been responsible for killing Amethar's oldest sister, General Rococoa.
- In Season 1, Episode 10 of Adventuring Party "Slammed Down, Big Style", Lou shows off and discusses a real model of Payment Day that a fan offered and made custom for Lou.
- It is also stated during the episode that the sword is roughly 5'6" long and that the pommel of the sword actually smells like peanuts.